Sunday, August 13, 2006

What's Next???


I was looking at the week in photos on my yahoo home page when I ran across a picture of a young Korean man wearing a silver parka, drinking a "frozen" beverage, while sitting in a "sub-zero ice bar." Curious, I googled "sub zero ice bars" and found more entries than I ever imagined. Of course, I never imagined anyone (on purpose) sitting in an establishment that keeps the temperature below zero. I found that this is the latest craze around the world. There's one in Stockholm, London, Seoul -- even St. Louis! The picture at the right is from the London bar. There is no meaning to this blog entry, I just found it very confusing. What's next in the search for "cool"???

5 comments:

Randy Bohlender said...

I think I have a new idea for a theme camp....

Anonymous said...

They say the line between insanity and genius is drawn by success. Come up with an off-the-wall idea, and if it works your a genius, but if not your crazy.

Anonymous said...

good thing it doesn't get that cold here... had a nice walk with the partly-cloudy sky on the way to work this morning, thinking i really should have hung out my washing... just ran 100 metres from the bus to the prayer room and I'm absolutely drenched. And I ran... admittedly with a laptop bag.. but I'm still soaked :)
Just think if it snowed here in the Hutt. It'd come to a standstill! People don't even know about using salt for snow here.

Esther Irwin said...

And you even found your papers today, Kate. Good on you! Actually, there was or maybe still is one of these bars in Auckland. There was a big article in the paper on it a year or so ago. Why anyone would want to go into this type of bar confuses me, but guess that's cool for some.

Anonymous said...

Did some of the IHOP section leaders figure this idea out cuz sometimes when I"m in the prayer room I get the feeling they're trying this idea...