Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Sounds of Silence


I returned home after 9:30 pm last evening -- I had been at the orientation for new students at Forerunner School of Ministry. The first thing I saw as I came through the door was the little red car used by Salem to ride in and to push from behind as he practiced his walking. The next thing I noticed was how quiet it was in the house. There were no child sounds -- only silence. It had been a glorious week for a granddad. Jonathan and his crew were here. We all traveled to a half-way point between Madison, Wisconsin and Kansas City to visit with Alicia, Ashley and Aria -- it was indeed a wonderful week! But then yesterday morning, I took Jonathan, et. al., to the airport for their trip back to South Carolina. Then last night, coming home to a house strewn with memories and shrouded in silence was just plain sad.

OK -- enough of that. The next thing you know I'll be writing a country / western song! It's time to move ahead and get ready for the upcoming school year. Marisa is getting back into the teaching routine (she started back Monday -- no students yet, but lots of teacher meetings), we are doing orientation for new students at Forerunner School here at IHOP, and classes start next week. I'm looking forward to the challenges of a new semester.

Did I mention how quiet it is around here? Just kidding -- I'm not going down that whiney (spell check didn't like that word) path again -- at least not for a while.

No comments: