Thursday, August 24, 2006

Time Flies When You're Having Fun

Wow -- here it is Thursday evening...and my last post was Monday!! Where did the time go? Well, Tuesday is always a busy (and long) day at the International House of Prayer, and Wednesday is my day to get ready for teaching on Wednesday evening. Then this week, I had an added teaching opportunity when Jen Roberts asked me to sub for her "Song of Solomon" class this morning. She didn't really want me to teach on the "Song" - instead she wanted me to teach on the "Cross." I much prefer that because I've had a little more experience teaching that than teaching the "Song." Still, it was a busy week, and I was having great fun -- I was getting to teach from the Bible. Now to some that might not float your boat...turn your crank...walk your dog...fly your plane...warm your coffee...hmmmm let's see, can I think of any more? Sure, why not? Raise your flag...start your car...ok enough already!

Also, another great thing happened this week. It was something I only imagined and I NEVER really expected it would happen. I had been praying for it for 4 years and I had almost given up hope. I had such an amazing experience in the prayer room, I just have to share it. Jon Thurlow did part of his set using... are you sitting down?...Jon Thurlow did a part of his worship set using...are you ready for this?...Jon Thurlow did part of his worship set using COUNTRY MUSIC!!!!! You go, Jon!!!!!!!!!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

country music? that is truly beautiful. I'm so glad that ambition was realised... i'm also equally glad that I know there is more to your life than that! I don't even know what country music sounds like... I think the one time I've heard it and known it was country music was on Oprah. Some country music singer was singing. :)

Now, Jason Upton, on the other hand... we spent so many hours listening to him during internship, it was crazy.

Esther Irwin said...

It must be the end times!! Country music in the prayer room??!!? Say it isn't so!!!

Randy Bohlender said...

Tom - we need details? Was it traditional? Honky Tonk? Texas swing? New country? Bluegrass?

I confess to knowing what these terms mean. I'm not proud of it, I'm just being honest.

Randy Bohlender said...

Tom - we need details? Was it traditional? Honky Tonk? Texas swing? New country? Bluegrass?

I confess to knowing what these terms mean. I'm not proud of it, I'm just being honest.

Tom Mills said...

Randy, there is no shame in this -- perhaps it's time for you to come out into the open with your secret passion for country music. I will be right there so support you. I would classify what Jon did as new country/traditional mix ... mostly I just know my heart was moved to two step my way across the prayer room... only my heart, though -- my feet stayed firmly placed in front of my chair.

Anonymous said...

That was nice of you to cover for Jen so she could come out to Atlanta with us and teach on the "Song" here to a bunch of starving young adults.