Monday, July 31, 2006

The Return of the Son

I'm so excited I can hardly stand it -- Jonathan, Heidi, Kai, and Salem (my son, his wife and their 2 sons -- my two grandsons) will be arriving from South Carolina today!!! They are in SC working to establish a House of Prayer there, and while we love what they are doing, we sure do miss them. We haven't seen them since March when we made a trip to SC.

Anticipation is good for us! Perhaps I am getting a glimpse of the anticipation of Jesus as He looks forward to the day when The Father releases Him to come and get His Bride -- the Church. Perhaps I am getting an even better idea of what is missing in my own anticipation of that event. I must ask myself, am I as excited about the soon arrival of Jesus, as I am about the soon arrival of my son and His family? If not, why not? Is it because the return of Christ is not yet as real as the return of Jonathan? I am ready for the return of my son, but I am not yet ready for the return of The Son. Thank you, Lord, for giving me a a way to measure my preparedness and thank you for this time to get my heart ready for the return of The Son.

1 comment:

Esther Irwin said...

Greetings to Jonathon and Heidi from us! So glad they are with the Bennetts building ZHOP. When are you going to take a family trip down to New Zealand??