Friday, July 21, 2006

Blanket in a Snake


I've heard of -- and even consumed -- pigs in a blanket. But not until this week did I hear of the quite unusual "blanket in a snake." Did you hear about the 12 foot Burmese Python that swallowed an entire queen sized electric blanket? The owner of the snake (and the blanket) said that he kept the electric blanket in the snake's cage to keep the snake warm. (Seems a little over the top to me, but then I don't own a 12 foot Burmese Python.) The snake's dinner, a little unsuspecting bunny, must not have realized who the blanket belonged to, snuggled down for a warm nap, and found himself and the blanket making the trip into the Burmese black hole. I love the owner's comment: "Somehow, he was able to unplug the electric cord," Beznoska said Wednesday. "He at least wasn't hooked up to the power." I wonder what rabbit stuffed snake steak tastes like?

2 comments:

Randy Bohlender said...

Three words: 'Lectric Hunting Boots.

Anonymous said...

Tom - Hey welcome to the blog world!

Randy - Sweet Moses, you are everywhere.

I was thinking that this would help sales of snake-skin coats in the winter. They keep you really toasty and you're in great fashion.