Monday, July 24, 2006

Consistency

I was just sitting here, waiting for a meeting to begin, when I should have been exercising. One of the toughest things I deal with -- not because of the variations in my schedule, but because of my own lack of discipline -- is consistency. I really need to get up and move around -- walk, lift weights -- do something! And when I get home from the meeting, I NEED TO EAT (yeah, right!) -- and after I eat, I can't exercise right away. Then, of course, the experts say that you shouldn't do vigorous exercise (let's don't get personal now -- vigorous is a matter of perspective) within 3 hours of bedtime. So it looks like I may not get around to exercise today. And tomorrow is already a bust (exercise-wise) because I'm occupied all day. Perhaps I can get something done on Wednesday! Some would say I need to be better at time management. But you know what? I can't manage time -- each second is...well... a second long. And each minute is a minute long. And so on. Time is managed very well! Time is very consistent -- it keeps right on going, with or without me. What I need to do is be better at event management. Now there is something I can control and adjust as I need to in order to to accomplish something. So, my quest for the immediate future is to figure out how to better manage the events that come my way.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tom, who needs excersice? That's why we pace right? And if your not pacing, then sway right to left while standing, or rock back and forth while sitting.

Anonymous said...

amen! i totally agree. time management... yes... i've been told much to get a schedule... meh.. maybe when the gym opens in a month, right now i'm trying to get my head around suddenly being req'd to be in the prayer rom during a set 12 hours a week!