Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Pain In The Middle East

I can't add anything significant to all that is already being said in terms of solutions in the middle east, but I can express my support for brothers and sisters in Christ who are caught and confused. I am encouraged by email reports I get from both Gaza and Jerusalem. The Arab Christians in Gaza are holding strong even though they have not had electricity for days, nor have they had running water in that same length of time. Arab believers in Gaza are holding strong even though they don't know if anyone knows or cares that they exist. At the same time, I get information that Jewish Christians in Jerusalem are praying for their Arab brothers just a few miles away in a war ravaged area of "The Holy Land." I even understand that Jewish Christians are trying to get supplies in to their Arab brothers and sisters in Christ. So in the midst of all the carnage and chaos, a glimmer of light shines. There is hope! And that hope comes in the person of the Prince of Peace -- Jesus -- who ties Arab and Jew together into one new man. I am glad to be a small part of that hope, as I join a room filled with people praying for the entire situation to be resolved in Christ.

No comments: