Thursday, March 22, 2007

Back in KC

Here it is Thursday and my brain has yet to catch up to my body - We left Honolulu at 6:40 pm Sunday (11:40 pm KC time) and arrived in KC at 11 am on Monday - that's 11.5 hours in transit. Sleeping is virtually impossible on an airplane and we promised ourselves that we would not go to sleep before the normal 10 pm on Monday - didn't make it! I think we finally gave up and went to sleep at 9 pm. The good news is that when we arrived in KC our daughter, Alicia, and granddaughter, Aria, were there to meet us. Then we had the opportunity to take care of Aria for the next 24 hours so that Alicia, Marisa and their friend Lindsay could have a little "girl time." We were more than happy to take care of little Aria - she was just wonderful!


Yesterday (Wednesday) I spent most of the day getting ready to teach on healing and communion. It is a great study in 1 Corinthians. I focused my study on 2 significant words from 1 Corinthians 11 - proclaim and examine. Time didn't permit me to do more than "proclaim" last night, so next Wednesday I'll focus on the "examine" part of the text. I shared that when Jesus told the early church to "do this in remembrance of me" He was not talking about a sentimental remembrance, but He was telling the people to "remember to proclaim everything I did for you in My death." That proclamation involved two elements - the broken body and the spilled blood. When Jesus said, "This is my body broken for you," he was calling attention to the words of Isaiah 43:4-5 which ends with this promise: "By His wounds we are healed." When we proclaim the broken body of Jesus we come face to face with our faith - do I really believe that His death provided for my healing? Every time I partake of the broken body of the Lord, I am proclaiming my trust in His promise - and I am bolstering my faith to believe it even more! I'll talk about the shed blood element of the proclamation later.


For now, I'm just enjoying being back in the prayer room!

No comments: