Monday, January 15, 2007

A New Semester

I love the first day of school - I always have. There is just an excitement in the air. Today, there are also snowflakes in the air, but that's another story. I'm looking forward to this term, especially, because I get to teach something entirely new. I'll be teaching "The Writings of Peter." I have a month to finish preparation. The modular system we currently use at the Forerunner School of Ministry means that students can focus all their attention on one subject for 4 weeks straight. It also means that teachers can focus all their attention on the subject at hand for just a few weeks. It also means that there is little or no time for preparation during the teaching phase - you have to have all your material together on the first day of class. The next month will be a definite scramble for me to get ready. But that's part of the excitement! I'm looking forward to it. Perhaps I'll get to share some of what I teach (and learn) with you! I know you must be all a-flutter at the very thought of that. I better quit while I'm ahead.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tom I miss your classes, you're a great teacher!

Anonymous said...

Tom, from an uneducated young mongrel, you are one heck of a good teacher. And for the real compliment; my wife thinks you are like the greatest teacher in the world, and every semester she wishes she could include your classes in her UMKC schedule.
Just a little unbeknownst-to-Tom fact.

Randy Bohlender said...

Yo Doc...when do we get to start toasting the newbie preacher boys (and girls)?

Perhaps I am looking too forward to this....

Tom Mills said...

Did you say "toasting" or "roasting?"

LORENA said...

... may I get the notes!!!... BLESSINGS.

Tom Mills said...

Sure - I'll send them to you after I've taught the class - I'm still working on them!!!