Friday, January 12, 2007

A Cold Afternoon

It's Friday, January 12 (of course you already knew that) and it's just plain cold here in Kansas City. Freezing drizzle. Sleet. A bit of wind. I ventured into the prayer room at the International House of Prayer today for a few minutes - dummy me, I forgot my little reading glasses, so I couldn't read anything. But guess what - that's OK! I just enjoyed the worship and the warm peace of God's goodness. Didn't stay long, though - the weather was getting worse and so Debbie and I headed home after about an hour and a half. On the way there were fire trucks and police cars with lights flashing on both sides of the road - taking care of cars and drivers that had spun and crashed on the ice. One car was upside down. After a trip that took twice as long as usual to make, Debbie and I grabbed a bowl of soup (home made of course), and then headed for Wal-Mart before the weather deteriorated further. Back home again, I am now sitting in my office, reading blogs, sipping some kind of tea that I cannot identify. There was not one word of English on the box - not even one English looking letter - nothing but some kind of Asian symbols. Even though I can't identify it, it is warm and I'm certain that it is good for me. It kind of tastes like - ummmm - uh - ah - well - it kind of tastes like - uh - well, maybe like the hay bales we used to play on when I would visit a friend's farm - or perhaps like the alfalfa that another friend used to feed his sheep. And the odd thing is - I kinda like it. Oh well, so much for taste. I may just be gearing up for a long cold icy snowy weekend.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dr. Tom,

Hello from the Grange Hall over in the Emerald Isle. As you face the icy Midwest, Reverend Bob would like you to know that he feels your pain! The Emerald Isle is known for its mild temps and Ever-green trees. Well...this last Wednesday night we had us one whopper of a snow storm, 10" of the frozen stuff fell at the Grange Hall. Now I know that ain't much for you Midwesterners, but for us Metronatural Grange Hall lovin folks, thats one big pile of white stuff.

There was so much white stuff that it literally covered my dog Mandrake! Well...I hear the music startin to play, and the meetins just ready to start...so best wishes and drive save out there in IHOP-ville. Everyones favorite guy,

The Most Reverend Bob

PS - I love them new colored drapes in the Prayer Room. Reminds me of a disco lounge I used to play in Vegas! (just kiddin ya'll)

Randy Bohlender said...

DRT (Doc Rev Tom):
...this weather is nothin compared to how it was in Texas...