Monday, February 12, 2007

The Week Ahead

Today I begin a three week blitz we in the Forerunner School of Ministry world call a "module." Our schedule is such that we teach three hours a day, for days a week for three weeks. The good part is that we get to spend a lot of time with some top quality - highly motivated students. It gives us a really good opportunity to get to know one another very well. The tough part is preparation. I not-so-kiddingly say that I am about 30 minutes ahead of the students. I complete preparation for the day about half an hour before going in to teach. I, then dump the information only to head back to the books and computer to prepare for the next day. Debbie has scheduled a trip to her home town of Ft. Wayne, Indiana beginning Wednesday. According to her, this is a good time to be gone "because I won't see you anyway."

In addition to that, Marisa has 7 friends arriving for the coming weekend. I think the wave of 20-somethings starts on Thursday. The purpose of their trip is to pray for one of the group who is very ill. She is one of the 7 and will receive prayer for healing and support from her friends. If you think about it, you might join them in praying for Olivia's healing.

In addition, I'm working with some folks doing research on academic accreditation for FSM. This seems to be quite a daunting task - but well worth the efforts because it will challenge us to greater levels of organization and excellence. We have already made remarkable strides in those areas, this will push us even further. I think one thing we will discover is that we already are off the charts in terms of excellence of training.

There is more, but I'll just leave it at that for now. Have a great week. Hope to visit with you again tomorrow!

No comments: