Friday, September 08, 2006

Worthy Recipient Available

Ok - time to confess. For several years I went through the "I gotta have a Harley" phase of life, when in fact, I never really wanted one. A motorcycle might be fun for a little while, but then there is the rain and the cold and the bugs in your teeth and the trucks and the people that don't pay attention and the pot holes in the road and untold other hazards. So while I said I wanted a motorcycle (maybe just to get a reaction of some kind from Debbie), I knew it was impractical and improbable that it would ever happen.

But now - I must confess I REALLY want one of these babies! This is the Honda S2000 and I'm pretty sure there is one just my size out there somewhere. It's hard to justify spending however many thousands of dollars it would take to get one. So just in case someone stumbles onto this blog and says, "You know, I haven't given away a Honda S2000 to some poor slob in a while, but I think it's about time." Well, I'm your guy!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

and in case someone stumbles onto the comments, and thinks 'I'd rather give it to a girl than a guy' or 'anyone but Tom' I'm quite happy to assist you in your need for charity.

Anonymous said...

not a bad choice Tom. But why settle for a Honda S, when you could get a Dodge Viper? Instead of burning rice you'd be pumping iron.

Tom Mills said...

Shawn, spoken like a true "Viper-holic." I guess I just wasn't thinking big enough - or I figured rice was cheaper than iron when it comes to maintenance and mileage. Truth be known, the tires on either of those probably cost more than I can afford to replace! But while I'm dreaming, maybe the donor would be willing to throw in free tire replacement and fuel for the life of the car!