Thursday, September 28, 2006

Busy Week

I'm not complaining, but it's been a pretty busy week. Debbie and I finally got to take in that movie we tried to see last Friday (see my last post). I recommend "Invincible." It was one of those underdog-comes-out-on-top kind of movies. I think even people who might not be football fans would like it.

I've been trying to get ready for a ministry trip to Midland, Texas this weekend. (If you are so inclined, I'd invite you to join us in prayer for this time of ministry. We will be at First United Methodist Church.) In addition to that, I've had about 80 sets of homework to grade, preparation for Wednesday night's class, and preparation for a new class I will begin to teach in less than 2 weeks. All in all, I'm a little dazed these days...Get it? Dazed these days? It's a play on words. Never mind.

Have you ever come to the point that you have so much to do, and you know you'll never get it done, so you just begin to lock down and don't do any of it? I'm almost there! But the Lord is faithful and He will give me everything I need to get everything done! So now that I've settled that, I can go back to bed and get some sleep.

1 comment:

Esther Irwin said...

Yes Tom, I come to that point a LOT!! I'd like to blame it on my old age but it's probably more due to the fact that I'm too busy and need to slow down, focus on the important stuff and let the other stuff chill out until I can get back to it. (45 words in which I think is a grammatically correct sentence. Not the 167 words of Dave Sliker, but the best I can do. Did anyone really see that sentence besides Randy?)