Friday, December 22, 2006

Preparing for the Birthday of the Prince of Peace

We're visiting Jonathan, Heidi, Kai, Salem and Faith in South Carolina. Last night Jonathan and I went to the airport to pick up Marisa. The traffic was mayhem! Today, Jonathan and Heidi had to go to a "doc in the box" because Heidi needed an antibiotic - she hasn't been feeling well. Just before supper time (that's the evening meal when you are from the south) Debbie and I decided to brave the great unknown and go to the grocery store. Again - mayhem! Tomorrow (the eve of Christmas eve) there are still more gifts to purchase. It seems strange that the celebration of the birthday of the prince of peace had become an exercise in ... ah ... um ... shall I use the word yet again? ... MAYHEM! What's even more strange is that I am one who is supposed to know better, and yet I seem to be contributing to the problem. I have always tried to teach others to be part of the solution and not part of the problem. So once again, I must pray "Lord Jesus, be born in me today!" Amen.

1 comment:

LORENA said...

How is Heidi doing?? please say hi to all there... and blessings.. and... our city has gotten to same stress time... and hope as you said.. contribute to the solution.. is our Lord's birthday.. what about .. celebrating Him.. and not..us

Love to all and.. miss you
Lorena