Saturday, December 02, 2006

Cool Beans in Madison

Well, here I sit at "Cool Beans" coffee shop in Madison, WI - I feel so much like Randy Bohlender that it terrifies me. My biggest problem is that I'm sitting here with a cup of coffee that I can't identify with the eloquence of RB, but I must say that it's pretty good stuff - almost as good as the Maxwell House I see advertised on TV - I'm resisting the urge to stand and sing, "Our house is a very, very, very fine house!"

Anyway - we came to do a teaching session with the interns at the All Nations House of Prayer on Monday. In the mean time, we get to see Aria, Alicia, and Ashley. So what am I doing in the coffee shop alone at 2:15 pm on Saturday? Well, Ashley is working at the Princeton Health and Fitness Club; and Debbie, Alicia, and Aria are at the Mall with 5 billion other Christmas shoppers. So this seemed like a great place to hang out until everyone is back together.

I wonder if I'm the only one to notice this, but .... IT'S COLD UP HERE!!! I'm not a fan of the cold. I think I've mentioned that before. But I am a fan of family and the prayer movement - so a little cold will not get in my way of promoting both.

For those of you (at least 2) who have read this little blog lately, there is quite a debate raging of the identification of "The Emerald Isle." Check out the last couple of posts for details. Perhaps you will want to enter you expertise into the mix. Feel free. I love the suspense.

In the mean time, I'm headed back to my cup of unidentified coffee (I hope Randy will not be too disappointed in my lack of java knowledge) and then home to catch a few minutes with Aria before her pm nap.

2 comments:

Esther Irwin said...

I don't think you look like Randy, Tom. Maybe if you shaved your head and had different glasses...but that would still be pretty iffy. :)

ChriS & Yvette Ferguson said...

As long as you aren't doing the RB hair...God blessed you with hair...Be Thankful. Now for coffed description...just go to RB's blog and plagerize his stuff...no one will care.