Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Phone Calls From The Kids

Well tonight must have been catch up night for the Mills kids. I got a call earlier this evening from Alicia. She and her husband and our granddaughter, Aria, live in Madison where they are part of the All Nations House of Prayer. I have been invited to come and speak to the House of Prayer interns, and Alicia was calling to confirm the invitation and give me a few more details about the event. In the background, I could hear Aria making baby noises and trying to talk. It was great!! We will get to see them next week when we meet in Dallas for Thanksgiving with my family.

Then, not too long after that, Jonathan called to talk to Debbie. (What is it about dads and daughters, and mothers and sons?) Then after he finished talking to her, he talked to me for a while. Jonathan and Heidi, and their two sons (our grandsons) live in Ft. Mill, South Carolina where they are part of the Zadok House of Prayer. I didn't get to talk to or hear the boys, but I did hear Heidi tell Jonathan that he was talking too loudly, so that must have meant that the boys were already in bed. We're looking forward to Christmas because we get to fly to SC to see them all. They don't get to come here for Christmas this year, because their new baby, Faith, is scheduled for arrival sometime around the 12th of December.

When we return right after Christmas, Ashley, Alicia, and Aria will be heading to KC for a few days. Well, now you know about our schedule for the next few weeks. Anyway, I just had to let you know how much I enjoyed the phone calls from the kids.

No comments: