Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Kinda Makes You Smile

I get a "thought for the day" from a friend of mine. On Friday, it's usually something funny. He sends them out each evening so that people will have them in their mail box first thing each morning. So I got Friday's installment just now. Are you ready? Here goes:

What is the scientific name for an animal that neither runs from its enemies nor does it fight its enemies?


Lunch.

Michael Friedman made that contribution and I don't know why, but it kinda made me smile. I hope it made your smile a little, too.

On other fronts, I noticed something today. I am beginning - just beginning, but it's a start - to influence my little world for the better. I even have hope that a tiny little crack in the hardest of hearts is beginning to form. Another person showed up today with a portable computer stand! Now there are two of us. Soon, I am confident, there will be three and then four and before we know it - the entire room will be filled with portable computer stands. And that hard hearted one who may be beginning to crack? Until now, it was nothing but ridicule and scorn. Today however, he made an excuse. It wasn't a big victory. We're not on the brink of instantaneous conversion. But instead of a mocking remark (which by the way, I know is just a cover up for extreme jealousy), he made some kind of lame excuse that his computer was "too big" for some dinky little stand. He may not have said it exactly that way, but I know that's what he meant. So the question now is, "Why not go ahead and make the leap?"


Of course, a guy like you will want to go one rung up the the ladder and get the rolling model.





Or perhaps, the hooded "voting booth" style is more to your liking.




Whatever you do, don't put it off any longer! You'll kick yourself later for wasting valuable time you could have had enjoying your portable computer stand.



4 comments:

Randy Bohlender said...

Never take advice about your computer from someone old enough to remember punchcards....

ouch!

Jerry James said...

Instead of a "lap top", I guess that would make it a "portable computer stand top". Kind of like a "desk top" on wheels.

Anonymous said...

Thought of the day: What is the indian name for a vegetarian? ...... "Bad hunter"

ChriS & Yvette Ferguson said...

Tom,

They have to come in cool personalized colors! Put the IHOP logo on them and you could selling them from your trunk to fund the prayer movement.