Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Consistency

Consistency is not a word that has described me lately. I've been inconsistent in getting papers graded for the classes I've taught. I've been inconsistent in completing my commitment to the prayer room. I've been inconsistent in lots of areas of my life - blogging included. But I'm back. It seems that this is something I need to do pretty often in my life. I just need to re-examine what I'm doing and what I'm not doing - how I'm progressing and how I'm digressing - areas that need attention and areas that seem to be in pretty good shape (at least for the moment). However, I know that consistency is much like riding a bicycle - it's easier to stay on it if you are moving forward. Standing still on a bicycle can be done - but it takes a lot more effort - and when you think about it, why would anyone want to stand still on a bicycle? That's not what they were made for. Bicycles were made to move forward - and nowadays - bicycles were made for jumping and spinning and riding down the face of a rock on a grand adventure. And that's what I signed on for in life - a grand adventure. So my new quest is consistency. May I not be writing this same thing in just a few months as I struggle to get back up on the bicycle after having let my consistency come to a standstill.

3 comments:

Esther Irwin said...

I was wondering when you would write more on your blog. (Like I should talk, since I haven't blogged longer than you haven't!!) :)

Sarah said...

"it's easier to stay on it if you are moving forward" - so true, and I love the bike analogy. Thanks for sharing it.

ChriS & Yvette Ferguson said...

Welcome back!