Thursday, October 12, 2006

Glad To Forgive



Duh! As I was recommending the previous book, it suddenly dawned on me that I had not even recommended my own book on this little blog space. Although the readership is limited, it's worth a shot. I have visited with so many people over the years about the topic of forgiveness and I have discovered that most people know they are supposed to forgive; and a lot of people think they have forgiven. But the sad reality is that people carry loads of anger, and bitterness that they are completely blind to. In west Texas there is a town that is surrounded by feed lots - that's a fenced in structure where ranchers bring cattle to feed them and fatten them up for market. There are literally thousands of cattle penned up behind those fences, and of course, with cattle comes a very distinct and foul odor. I once asked a person who lived in that town, "How do you stand the smell all the time?" To which they replied, "Oh, you get used to it." The same is true of anger and bitterness. After carrying it for a while, people just get used to it and don't even know it's there. But that can be very dangerous. So I want to recommend that everyone read Glad To Forgive right away!

2 comments:

Esther Irwin said...

Sounds like a great book. Where can we buy it? IHOP, Amazon? Elijah List??

Looks like you upgraded your blog. Looks great!

Unknown said...

i remember that book... i remember carrying like 10 of them back in my bag... my 32 kilos (plus) of luggage, and i had at least 20kilos carry on, i swear, with my big laptop case, and i actually took one of my wheelie-suitcases on with me, my backpack, my purse, and assorted bags... haha. And your books were in there!