Thursday, October 12, 2006

Fatigue

It is no accident that the first syllable of fatigue is "fat!" The Forerunner School of Ministry has launched a new "modular schedule" this fall, and it is killing me! Let me quickly add that I really love it -- it gives the students an opportunity to get into a rhythm - to lead a more focused life - to set a schedule and keep it - to be in class at the same time every day all semester long - to go deep into one subject at a time -- it is really good. HOWEVER, I am teaching a subject that I have never taught before - at least not as an entire course on the subject - and so I am having to scramble to get enough material to present for 3 hours on Monday - go home and pull together enough to present for 3 hours on Tuesday - go home and pull together enough material to present for 3 hours on Wednesday - go home and pull together enough material to present for 3 hours on Thursday. Then on the weekends, I have to pull together enough material to present for Monday's three hour class period PLUS grade any homework or tests the students have turned in. So, my point is, I am fatigued and too tired to exercise - hence "fat!" So, now that I've gotten that off my chest, I feel much better - still fat - still fatigued - but much better. Thanks for listening -- I'll try to do better next time.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude, I bet all your students are getting fat from your teaching. I've heard the rumors of your crazy good stuff!

Esther Irwin said...

Get a bike, mate. Ride to FSM or IHOP or whatever acronym you want. It gets rid of both the fat and the fatigue!! At least, that's what I've heard. :)

ChriS & Yvette Ferguson said...

Speaking for myself I've grown a little fat. But the course is great, challenging, thanks to all of the staff who must be going through the same thing. This system is Phat!