Thursday, October 12, 2006

Fall Has Fell

Last Christmas my kids gave me a tree - not a Christmas Tree, but a sure 'nuff, real live tree. Actually, they gave me a gift card that I could use to purchase a tree of any kind. As soon as it got warm enough to plant, I went to the tree farm and picked out a nice one. It was a five year old maple with a name that I didn't fully appreciate until just the last few days. The name? Autumn Blaze! And boy does it live up to it's name. I've included a picture of it here, but trust me, the picture is not even close! Of course, I quickly took the shot after the sun had gone down, so a flash was required. It's also cold outside and I didn't wear a jacket, so I was trying to move quickly. The flash washed out some of the color, and I didn't want to stand out there shivering to take enough pictures to get just the right color composition. So use your imaginations and perhaps, tomorrow, I'll take more and better pictures to share with you.

1 comment:

Esther Irwin said...

It's really beautiful! Do you have to rake those leaves, too?