Monday, May 28, 2007

For Those Who Give Their Lives

Memorial Day in the United States is designed to remember those who have defended this country, and to pay special tribute to those who have lost their lives in that defense. I might not be allowed to write this note were it not for all of them - thanks is just not adequate - but add my feeble attempt to the millions of others who are thankful for the sacrifices you and your loved ones have made and perhaps you will be able to hear our hearts.

In addition to those brave soldiers, sailors, marines, airmen, and coast guard who have lost their lives, as a Christian, I want to also remember all those who have lost their lives in defense of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Thank you for making it possible for me and my family to know and love Jesus - to know that Jesus loves me. Thank you for all the missionaries who serve today. Thank you for all those who even at this moment are in prisons around the world - simply because they love Jesus. For all of you I humbly pray:

The Lord bless you and keep you;
The Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious to you;
The Lord turn His face toward you and give you peace.
Amen

No comments: